Tuesday, November 16, 2010

LOUISE'S FIRST EVER BLOG....YAY



IT’s a MIRACLE!...... yes Louise is finally writing a blog – yes it’s her here!! I’ve joined the blogster gang!

I got inspired 2 nights ago and thought I’d put a bit of what’s on the inside on the outside – even though that is a bit scary as I think maybe the whole cyber world can get access to it!

Lately I’ve been thinking ....thinking.... thinking

What does it take to cross the chicken line? What does it take to step out and take risk when you know you have something to give away to someone who needs it but they are a complete stranger and you don’t know how they will take you? The other day I was at a petrol station and a lady was walking around in pain and I could tell she had back pain and I felt compassion and love toward her. I knew I could go and pray for her and get rid of that pain and I knew she would be all the more happier to be pain free but all of a sudden that chicken line popped up in front of me. I knew that when Jesus had compassion it moved him but I seemed to be feeling compassion and stuck in one spot! I can do it, I can do it I thought! But did I walk over to her? No I did not!

The next stop on the road about a half hour later was for lunch and God drew my attention to a picture on the wall “We can do it!” Well I definitely couldn’t do it on my own. Holy Spirit – you’re going to have to push me along here!

Ok so I set myself a goal – at least 3 times this year I am going to go on street outreach teams or the homeless street ministry to push myself across the chicken line. Ok Holy Spirit ‘We can do it” so I decided to go on the outreach team yesterday. So I rock up at the meeting place at church, waiting, anticipating, excitement building…. 30mins later no one had turned up. I suppose it wasn’t going to happen this day! Well – maybe next time the chicken line will be crossed!

So anyway, in 4 hours time I will be getting up from my alarm and making my way down to San Fran airport to catch a plane to Honolulu for what I thought was serving at the School of the Prophets conference which is basically giving people prophetic words. But what do you know – the first thing we are doing, first day we arrive is teaching the locals how to do street evangelism ‘treasure hunts’. Yeah…. Wonderful!! Definitely should be training and equipping in this area already. We’ll see if being thrown in the deep end does it for me…. Will keep you posted…

No comments:

Post a Comment